They are seeking a pricing actuary, pricing analyst or data scientist from a non-life insurance background to join their Risk Modelling practice. You’ll work on general insurance pricing projects across the London/Lloyd’s market and/or the Personal & Commercial lines market in both the UK as well as on global opportunities.
- Location: London
- Category: Non-life Actuarial
- Type: Permanent
- You’ll be able deliver high quality output whilst working on a wide range of concurrent technical and non-technical assignments
- You’ll interact with clients and you will support the management team to develop long term relationships
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams and with people from their network firms overseas
- You’ll take an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the practice, by being involved in developing one of their core product areas
- You will be able to manage your time and the time of more junior staff and to ensure that projects are delivered to a high standard in a timely manner
- You’ll be involved in the development of more junior staff through on the job coaching
Whilst this role will involve working as part of a broader actuarial team, they would welcome applications from non-actuaries and part qualified actuaries who may or may not still be sitting exams, as well as qualified actuaries.
- Strong coding experience including a working knowledge of some or all of: R, python, SAS, SQL, Hive, Spark
- Highly desirable to have a practical experience working in a general insurance pricing team either as an employee or on secondment from a consulting role
- An awareness of pricing-orientated and regulatory issues faced by the market and a good working knowledge of how regulatory challenges can be allowed for in insurance pricing