The Actuarial Function, UK provides actuarial support to the Insurance UK entity This covers the first line actuarial responsibilities including:
- Financial Reporting
- Modelling and Analytics
- Application and review of controls
- Ad-hoc actuarial support required by the entities or by Group business and functions.
- Deliver high quality results in line with requirements.
- Establish and/or maintain system/Infrastructure that supports the IFRS Reporting Standards in support of business objectives.
- Provide the information needed to the drive decision making process.
- Contribute to the design, build, and operation of assigned project tasks.
- Meet targets for data improvement so that reporting is sufficiently accurate for regulatory, management reporting and external publication.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Strong communication skills – applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations)
- Typical qualifications would include a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject and the role holder will have professional qualifications in actuarial sciences.
- In depth experience with reporting processes and the reporting control environment