We are currently recruiting for an Investment Risk Actuary on a day rate contract in the Investment Risk team, part of Life Actuarial located in Edinburgh. This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates with strong technical and communication skills to support with the delivery of business objectives.
- Location: Edinburgh
- Category: Interim
- Type: Contract
- Managing the strategies that are used to hedge the market risks around the With Profits business. This will involve:
- Working closely with colleagues across the group as well as well as external partners (fund managers and investment banks) to review hedging positions each quarter and make appropriate recommendations to senior management, and Leading reviews of the effectiveness of existing and potential new hedging strategies.
- Providing technical support and advice on other aspects of investment strategy, asset management and investment risk to the With Profits Investment Risk Manager.
- Delivering analyses and implementing initiatives to improve investment outcomes for With Profits customers.
- Communicating ideas and recommendations in a clear manner to senior management, both verbally and in written papers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to lead collaborative pieces of work, both with other areas of the business and with external advisers, on the design, modelling and implementation of strategies.
- Proven ability to apply creative thinking to a variety of problems.
- Proven ability to work independently to a high technical standard, apply judgement effectively and make clearly communicated recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong focus on applying appropriate spreadsheet controls when performing analysis and implementation work.
- Qualified Actuary
- Strong technical skills
- Strong communication skills