The role holder will build and maintain relationships with Finance, R&D, Pricing, Division Corporate Actuarial and Operations. There will be exposure to management at various levels within the organisation including the C-suite. The global nature of ongoing projects and BAU work will facilitate interaction with colleagues across the globe.
- Location: London
- Category: European Actuarial
- Type: Permanent
The individual will be exposed to a wide range of work, including:
- Projects – providing actuarial support and input on a variety of projects encompassing reporting, systems, processes and tools.
- Business Planning – leading the annual business planning exercise, working closely with Reporting, Finance and FP&A Teams both in Europe and Division Centre.
- Change management – facilitating change within the wider team arising from various projects and initiatives, which could include the launch of new product lines.
- Process Improvements – developing and improving reporting methods to streamline the process and improve efficiencies in the team.
- ORSA/CISSA – supporting the production of the ORSA and/or CISSA report (the Bermudan equivalent) with exposure to the Europe and Division Centre Risk team.
- Supporting new treaty implementations – gaining exposure to legal contracts, pricing, marketing considerations and operational processes for newly won treaties.
- Supporting the review of quarterly US GAAP, Solvency II/ BMA, IFRS, and Economic Capital results for Longevity and Protection Business.
- Qualified Actuary with 2+ years’ post qualified experience within the Actuarial Profession
- A good understanding of the reinsurance industry, specifically in respect of Longevity and Protection products
- Excellent technical actuarial and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present to senior managers and leadership