You will lead the development and maintenance of actuarial systems, models and tools used by the Actuarial Department. You’ll also work on the implementation of approved business requirements necessary to support regulatory requirements, new products, reinsurance structures, management information and external reporting requirements.
- Location: London
- Category: Actuarial
- Type: Permanent
You will be responsible for:
- Perform traditional platform (Mo.net, SQL, VB.Net) based model development work, in line with BAU or Investment programme priorities.
- Deliver systems change for projects and manage dependencies with the wider change delivery and IT processes.
- Act as model steward responsible for systems release cycles and processes ensuring application of control frameworks and release timeframes.
- Specify, test, review, develop and document and other governance requirements to ensure compliance with Development framework, TAS and APS X2.
- Represent the Actuarial team and lead development activity on investment program projects where required.
- Continual improvement of the team’s processes and controls.
- Nearly/Newly qualified Actuary
- Experience in developing Actuarial models within Excel, VBA and VB.Net
- Experience in Actuarial modelling change projects and developing actuarial software
- Experience of working as a technical lead in a systems development environment including managing developers to deliver releases and liaising with business users to determine requirements