Our client provides mission-critical software and services to institutions in most segments of the insurance services industry and are looking for an Actuarial Manager – Professional Services (m/f/d) for their Frankfurt Office.
- Location: Frankfurt
- Category: Actuarial
- Type: Permanent
Reporting directly to a Principal in the Consulting Services team, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the implementation of the actuarial code provided with Prophet ALM libraries including in particular the Asset Liability Strategy (ALS) Library
- Provide customer training to customers with a focus on the more danced training courses (e.g. Advanced Coding in Prophet, Introduction to Prophet ALS)
- Perform model reviews and deliver optimisation reports based on customer models
- Prototyping SII / IFRS17 models in Prophet
- Design, structure and develop code during customer projects as required
- Assist in the presales support of Prophet where required
- Local onsite customer assistance may be required for short periods
The ideal candidate would possess a strong interest in modelling using actuarial systems, but they should also possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, the business implications and impact on Prophet modelling of the following:
- Profit Testing
- Product Design & Pricing
And at least three of the following:
- Valuation methods, including embedded values and realistic valuations
- Asset / Liability Modelling
- Stochastic Modelling
- Financial Economics and Derivatives
- Analysis of Change
Strong verbal and written German and English language skills, and presentation skills are essential.
There will be a requirement to work at Customers’ offices as and when necessary.
The candidate could be making good progress with the Institute of Actuaries or Society of Actuaries exams (or equivalent) but this is not essential. Candidates who have given up on exams but meet the knowledge and experience requirements of the role will also be considered providing they have at least all the Core Technical subjects and ideally at least some of the specialist subjects.
- Strong knowledge of the Prophet system or demonstrable equivalent experience, and involvement in key business projects using Prophet. Good working knowledge of the various Prophet components, having created products in at least one of Prophet’s actuarial liability libraries and significantly amended products in others
- Experience with Prophet ALS and preferably some knowledge of all three methods of liability approaches within ALS (i.e. flexing, external and internal)
- Familiar with the Data Conversion System (DCS) and Prophet Excel Reporting. It would also be beneficial to have an awareness of potential performance bottlenecks and solutions when using Prophet
- The successful candidate will have a background in life assurance or financial services, and a general knowledge of the financial services industry’s regulatory and reporting frameworks, including an awareness of at least two of the following:
- Realistic Balance Sheets (RBS)
- Individual Capital Assessments (ICA) and Solvency II
- European Embedded Values (EEV) and Market Consistent Embedded Values (MCEV)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)